Apartment Maintenance Technician
San Diego, CA 92000 US
- Make the change to something bigger and better! We work with you to find the perfect property & team to work with!
- Troubleshoot work orders daily for residents prioritizing the service requests and ensuring they are completed in a timely fashion.
- Prepare vacant units for new residents ensuring that the unit meets the company standards/checklist.
- Maintain the exterior grounds of the property and conduct seasonal duties such as pool maintenance.
- Conduct walk-through of the entire property to ensure everything is in working order; if not, take the appropriate steps for correction.
- Prepare for inspections.
- Schedule outside contractors for projects, if necessary.
- Be available for quick response per company policy if on-call duties are required.
- Attend staff meetings as required or requested.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by Maintenance Supervisor, Maintenance Manager or Property Manager.
- Administrative Skills ability to understand the Company s policies and procedures, track materials used for inventory purposes, sign-in/sign-out unit keys.
- Analytical Skills ability to draw conclusions and examine alternatives when approaching a maintenance request, ability to read blue prints, if required, ability to consider alternative methods/materials, if the necessary are unavailable.
- Communication/Language Skills ability to read and comprehend warning labels and service requests, ability to effectively communicate with residents and other property staff.
- Coordinating Skills ability to prioritize numerous tasks and the importance of service requests.
- Creative Skills ability to find the most efficient way to complete a task, continuously look for ways to retain residents and improve the property.
- Manual Skills cleaning, snow removal, groundskeeping.
- Maintenance Skills plumbing, electric, heating/cooling, carpentry, appliance repair, painting, drywall
- Other Skills confidentiality, customer service, carpet cleaning, painting and paint equipment repair/maintenance.